Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of School

Today is the first day of classes at StMU Law, which subsequently means that today was little Miss Parker's first day at school too.

Megan and I dropped her off at 7am this morning and her teacher/caretaker Diane was very nice and there was only one other little boy named London there when we left. They may have 4 infants under supervision, or 2 people can supervise 10, but the classroom I think only has capacity of 8. I may be wrong.

Parker will stay in this room until she is 6 months or self-propelled, whichever comes first, then to a room with all the 6-12 months.

I almost made it all the way to the car before I broke down.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Matt,
I'm with you, bro. Keep her in good hands and love her to death when you're with her! (Both her and her mommy!)
Eric

Alex Wade said...

Matt -
I can't even begin to appreciate the difficulty with that. I wake up most mornings at about 5 and Gibson is asleep in his bed and Margo, who has gone to bed in her bed but gets dragged to the middle of our bed in the middle of the night for a snack and thus wakes up in our bed, is sleeping soundly next to Jennifer.
We'll occasionally buy the time of a baby-sitter, and we're dreaming of the day we can drop off the kids at the play-place at our favorite Bahamian island resort (3 years, 4 days for Gibson). We've been very fortunate to not have to take them to Day Care.
I can tell you this without any doubt: You're a better person for having spent your summer taking care of her. Try to think about the poor suckers like me who get 5 days of paternity leave, and perhaps that will assuage your feelings...