Monday, January 23, 2012

The Grown-Up Dividend

Today I made a bone-head move of pulling a U-Turn in front of a police officer. Not such a big deal but I basically pulled away from the curb, across two lanes of traffic, a middle turn lane, and then into the other side of the street.

Had no idea that was illegal since the street was 100% empty of any and all traffic.

Well it is illegal. Can't UTurn from the curb.

So he pulled me over, checked my papers, and sent me on my way with a polite, respectful verbal warning.

Being 44 with the same (correct) address on all of my documents just got me out of a ticket Isurely would have received had I been a younger man (I am sure of ths because as a younger man I got LOTS of tickets).

So now my record is STILL clean and I didn't get a fine and my insurance doesn't go up like it would have if I had been young. And we all know young people pay higher rates because they are poor drivers.

Event thought I just made a young-person mistake.

As a grown-up.

I'll take it.

No comments: