Sunday, July 1, 2007

I had this, once...


For 21 days one summer, with thrills galore, and a lifetime of heartache, and the biggest lesson of all:

Make sure you have insurance.

1986 Suzuki GSX-R 750R (Limited Edition). 55 imported to North America (one for each state, 5 for Canada). The guy who sold it to me said he kissed the ground every time he got off of it. I kissed the ground the last time I rode it, through the chin guard of my helmet.

I wish I had video of that wreck, maybe it would keep me from wanting another motorcycle!

7 comments:

Sara said...

If there were only 55 of them, then maybe you could trace it, and find it again? (I am sure you had thought of that, but it just occurred to me, as I didn't know it was such a limited item) You could hire a special motorcycle P.I. - I am sure they probably have those, although maybe mot in Wisconsin, maybe in L.A.

Alex Wade said...

I had thought of that. I actually have the title. I suppose I should check carfax, if it goes back that far...

I figure it got dismantled and the engine used as a snowmobile engine in Sierra de los Pinos.

I actually thought, for a long time, that Dad had picked it up and was putting it back together for me. When I helped him move from the old log cabin, it wasn't there. I was pretty sad.

Eric said...

When you have a second, Alex, maybe there's something in this article that you can use???

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/life/features/featurestories/article_1731976.php

Eric said...

Gotta cut and paste this to get the link?

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/life/features/featurestories/article_1731976.php

Eric said...

http://www.ocregister.com/
ocregister/life/features/
featurestories/
article_1731976.php

Alex Wade said...

Read the article. Very heart-warming. I especially like the part about the Japanese stolen-goods trafficker getting the shaft, having put money into the car.

Matt Wade said...

you know, I kept that seat for a few years afterwards... I'm not sure if it made it to dad's new house in the move or not.