Friday, June 29, 2007

My Awesome Husband

It's a little after 8 pm on this quiet, sticky evening here in San Antonio. I am drinking a beer searching Myspace for an old high school buddy when in walks my husband with not one, but TWO trophies. After spending over 6 hours at a golf tournament, my first assumption is, WOW he really did well. That was until I read the inscription and really looked at each one. The first is a smaller sized, i'd say about 6 in tall. The base is white marble, while the pedestal holding the golden figurine is silver and rainbow in color. The man that sits atop this pedestal is not a golfer but a bowler. The inscription reads, 2007 SAYLA SCRAMBLE "LEAST BEST AWARD".
Before I begin to laugh hysterically, I decide to take a look at the second trophy. This one is much larger, almost 2 feet in height . It is adorned with a cup in the center and two small, but noble eagles on the second tier. The third tier however hold a large gold bowling pin. My first thought was, "did they not realize this was a golf tournament?" Once I read the inscription, Matt's fate was sealed! It read : "FARHEST FROM THE PIN" yes, farhest! Not only, did my wonderful, athletic, intelligent husband score very last at this tournament of mentors and fellow legal brains, but he managed to roll a golf cart while immersed in this intensely challenging round of golf. At first I didn't believe he had rolled it over but alas he had the scrapped up arm to prove it. This is what makes my husband so incredibility awesome. While the majority of the players are going home tonight with nothing but a bruised ego, my husband showed up with TWO bowling trophies and a bruised arm!!!!!

Who knew golf could be so enthralling?

4 comments:

Sara said...

Gatta love that guy!!! :)

Eric said...

Yeah, that's my bro!

I think it's a good thing he'll be rich soon, so we can start thinking of him as "eccentric" !!!

Justin said...

Wow, that's hilarious!! I've played in tons of golf tournaments and never have I come home with a trophy, let alone two! I can't say the same however for coming home from golf with scrapes and bruises from various cart incidents.

Way to go Matt!

Alex Wade said...

We played golf again this year, residents versus "staff" (bosses) and the bosses won. It came down to the longest putt and I rimmed a 12 footer that would have won it for us. Since I putt pretty poorly despite being able to read the green pretty well, I was happy with getting near the hole.

I am blessed to be able to hit it straight almost every time, especially if I'm using the hand-me-down drivers that Justin gave me. It just doesn't always have the Y-vector I wanted.