Sunday, June 10, 2007

Slow Pitch Softball - I just got it!

I was just watching a video on YouTube or something and I saw some guys my age playing "slow-pitch" softball and I thought "lame!" Too bad they can't play REAL baseball or softball! I mean, these guys were hitting just about every time they got to bat! Those big arching, looping pitches... easy easy easy!

Then I thought about it a little longer and I thought-- that's the softball for me! Seriously, I'm 39, never was GREAT at baseball like Matt, and if I was gonna go out for a few hours and have fun, it sure would be funner not to go 1 for 3 at bat.

Man does your perspective on life change when you realize it would be nice to get some pitches thrown your way that you could actually hit!

3 comments:

Sara said...

And to think, girls figure that out at age 5....

Eric said...

Okay, mean girl, maybe this is why Wade's don't communicate! :^) Just kidding!

I guess I never thought before of the value of making it easy for someone to hit the ball...

Sara said...

OUCH!!!!! Touche (or however you spell that - that would be one of my reasons why I don't communicate, it is a two way street, and if you can't spell anything right, then no one knows what you are communicating)