Sunday, November 25, 2007

Beautiful, no matter how far away I get.



I still love the Jemez Mountains. I still love the Indian Bread made by Indians or Native Americans or Jemez Pueblo dwellers. Remember that big round loaf of white bread, shaped like a kiva oven? Yeah, that's my favorite. Dipped in red chile.

I have to say I am very happy with the intelligent disussions legacy we are building here. Hopefully these conversations will stick around as long as my Enchantment for New Mexico.

And who knows, maybe in time I'll be able to fully understand what Alex is saying :^)

Eric

1 comment:

Matt Wade said...

I know that those mountains will always be home to me...

I never had the opportunity to walk to the mailboxes with breadbags for socks to wait for the bus, but after ya'll left I had the summer days completely alone except for a pack of dogs.

Running around the mountains and finding the new Den, crawling in (where I could have easily been left for dead) and finding the latest batch of puppies was a pretty unique experience that I'll never forget. I know that Sara was there when the dog pack got started, but it was just me and dad when my favorite puppy (the new alpha female I called wolverine/smurfette) came home after getting amputated by a bear trap...

Sad story, true... but that dog still protected the property line for another year or two on three legs, and still kicked anyone's ass that tried coming around.