Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Keeping the Harley Thing Going

So I couldn't figure out how to post a picture to the comment section, so I started this article so I could put up this picture.


This is my father in law on the Harley that he won from a high school booster raffle. $100 tickets, and he played once a year for 6 years, so a $600 Harley Softail Fatboy (he's going to paint it once the warrantee runs in a few months). Anyways, I wanted to put that out there to explain why I was at a Harley store this weekend, because he was in town and wanted to go get some gear. while there I actually saw a lot of good looking bikes...



Check out some more here

Anyways, from the video dad posted I couldn't tell which bike he was talking about since there were quite a few models.

Also, don't write off Harley until you take a closer look at the Buells:



3 comments:

Eric said...

Yeah, them Buells look pretty good to me. I really like the CityX (City Cross, like Motocross but for us pavement junkies).

Buell stopped calling it the CityX and went back to XB9S or something because, I think, not many people got what the bike was.

Eric

Dave said...

The one I liked is called a "Night Train". The bike is black, the Motor is anodized black, black chrome. No shineys. You can see about ten years of different "Night Trains" in that clip. Very slight variations.

The shop foreman at "Bleu Bayou Harley Davidson" said that you can order a 1999 springer front fork that is black chromed and has a little more offset, and the black motor and everything that comprises the "Night Train" without being one of the 50 or so people who have an actual "Night Train" each year. Rare Bike.

I still prefer that 850 cc Beemer, shaft drive, REAL low Center of Gravity, 0-Oh My God in about 6 seconds, and you actually can ride it more than 250 miles a day.

waldschrat said...

I tyest-sat a V-rod last time I was at the Harley store. Nice low riding position, unlike the old sportster I picked up recently for $1500.

This weekend I chopped down a palmtree and got rid of a lot of junk so I can get the sportster in and out of the backyard easier. Still need to get rid of some more stuff, though.

Have to agree that V-rods are totally cool, but for the time being I want to avoid further raids on my tax-deferred cash reserves.


Pete in Sacramento